1. Contribution to the National Development and Social Fund- €650,00o for the main applicant- non refundable;
2. In Stocks, Bonds or Debentures- €150,000- refundable and profitable;
3. Acquistion or Lease of an Immovable Property- €350,000 for the purchase or €16,000 for the Lease (minumum for 5 years).
Main stages and periods of acquiring a citizenship of Malta:
1. Signing a contract with an accredited agent and getting a residency identity card (1-4 days). The card is given for 18 months;
2. Handing the documents for the patcipation in the programme and documents revision (120 days);
3. Remiting the remaining contributions, the oath of allegiance, naturalisation and emission of passport (approximately 2 months).
The total length of the period to acquire citizenship of Malta by the "Individual Investor" programme is that of, according to the law of Malta, minimum six (6) and not more than twenty four (24) months, with a condtion that all the requirment are met. However, the passport and a certificate of naturalisation could issued at least in 12 months after issuance of a residency card.
In our personal experience, from the moment of handing in the documents to participate in the programme to the Indentity Malta- governmental organisation in charge of issuing the citizenship- to the issuance of the passport, there are about 12-14 months.
Official sources regarding the programme:
1) Official annex to the Citizenship Act number 47, 2014;
2) Guidance to registration of citenship to Indentity Malta;
3) Press release of the European Commision regarding approvment of MIIP programme.